Thursday 17 May 2012

Ouch !

Eyestrain, backache, hot elbows (?!) Some of the side effects of attempting to hand cut a very large piece of paper !  I'm doing the last piece of my commission now, which is (hopefully) going to hang in a window in the bar area of the Theatre.





Its about a metre and a half wide, and intended to be 2.6metres long. That's if I get there..... I have to say I hadn't bargained for how difficult it was going to be to reach into the middle. Not to mention the fact that I've had to take up all my Mum's studio space to fit this in ... then there's the difficulty of transporting it.  Still, I wanted a challenge ! It's a piece that brings all the work together, incorporating words from the first plays, the poems at the re-opening, the names of some of the actors, the leaves from my pieces based on the woodland scenery; the different typefaces that came from the theatre posters and the moths that came to symbolise memories for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! It's looking Amazing, it's so big. Really beautiful work, can't wait to see it in the full. Good Luck! Sx

    ReplyDelete